Rig manager career description
In this post, you can ref career description of Rig manager in details. A complete career description concludes Rig manager key duties/responsibilities, Rig manager career qualifications (knowledge, education, skills, abilities, experience…KSA model) and other ones such as daily tasks, key activities, key/core competencies, job functions/purpose…
I. List of Rig manager duties:
- Contact Customers for Rig Locators
- Be sure to have proper safety cards required by each company
- Install Electronic Kill Sheets on Co. Man and Rig Managers Computers and showing them how to use them
- Conduct Well Control Drills for each crew on the rig
- Go over Warning Signs, Shut In Procedures and Well Control Methods with each crew
- Discuss each crew members responsibility and station during a well control drill
- Review Kill Sheet with the Driller
- Create a report detailing the problems found during the drill
- Send the report to the customers office and WWCI office
- Create a Checklist for Billing and submit to Admin
- Follow up Sales
- Any additional duties and responsibilities that may be required.
II. List of Rig manager qualifications
1. Must have 3 years’ experience drilling or Rig Manager
2. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
3. Strong communication skills with Rig Crews
4. Ability to handle highly confidential material with the utmost professionalism
5. Valid Driver’s license
6. Current BOP card and H2S Card is preferred.
7. Flexible with extensive traveling
8. High school diploma or equivalent required